Spinach SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
150 gram spinach
Garlic (10 cloves) , ginger small piece
Dried chili (2) , Curry leaves , Green chili
Lemon , Greek Yogurt
Salt , Oil (1/2 teaspoon) , Turmeric powder
Onion (1/2) , Tomato (1/2)
- Clean the spinach leaves(you can use the stem also) and put it in hot water for around 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes take the spinach and put it in a blender along with one green chilli 2 to 3 garlic cloves.
- Grind the spinach into fine paste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a pan. once the oil is heated add dried chili curry leaves and finely chopped garlic cloves to it.
- Heat until the garlic turns slightly brownish and add chopped onion , ginger and tomato to the pan and little salt as per taste. Saute until everything is cooked nicely.
- Now once the onions and tomato is cooked well pour the blended spinach to the pan and mix it well.
- Add 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder and 1/2 cup water to the mix and get it to a boil.
- Once the spinach soup is boiled and is not so thin in consistency now turn off the stove.
- Squeeze 1/4 slice of lemon to the soup and add 4 tablespoon of greek yogurt to it and mix it really well.
- Have the warm soup along with pan fried Paneer/Tofu.
- Wash spinach nicely in running water before keeping in hot water and blending since it may have mud in it and this if not washed properly could ruin your entire dish.
- Make sure to put the spinach in hot water (else put in water and heat for 2 to 3 minutes) to get rid of any small insects or worms which might be there in the leaves of spinach.
- Try to use the tender part of spinach stem as well for making the soup. Generally many of us tend to just use the leaves and throw away the stem but the stem is rich is fiber and is as nutritious as the leaves.