Spinach PastaCourse: Weight Loss
Wheat Pasta – 50 gram
Spinach – 100 gram
Onion – 1 medium size
Tomato – 1 Medium size
Garlic 8 to 10 cloves , 1 Green chili , small piece ginger finely chopped
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric , 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala , 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder , 1/4 Teaspoon coriander powder
2 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt , 1/2 Tablespoon chili flakes , 1/2 Lemon , Coriander Leaves
Salt , 1/2 Teaspoon Oil
- Cook the pasta adding little salt and keep it aside (Keep the pasta water as well )
- Boil water and keep the spinach in water for 5 minutes. Drain the water and take the leaves off after 5 minutes.
- Take a blender and put cleaned spinach leaves , 1/2 onion , 1/2 Tomato , one green chili and little salt. Blend everything into fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add 1/2 teaspoon Oil to it. When the oil is hot add the ginger and garlic to it.
- When the garlic turns slightly brown add 1/2 onion chopped and 1/2 tomato chopped to the pan and heat adding little salt until the tomato turns mushy.
- Once the Onion and tomato is cooked , add Chili flakes and spinach paste to the pan and mix well.
- Add Turmeric powder , coriander powder , chili powder and garam masala to the spinach and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water (pasta water kept aside) and bring the spinach gravy to a boil.
- Once the spinach gravy is semi thick , add cooked pasta to it and mix well.
- Heat the pasta for another minute (add extra salt if needed) and turn the stove off.
- Add 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt to the pasta and mix well.
- Serve your pasta hot and Enjoy your Lunch !!!!