SMOOTHIE WITH OATS
Smoothie With Oats / Oatmeal Smoothie is an easy breakfast option particularly for office goers. Combination of yogurt, fruits and oats along with goodness of fiber from chia and flax seeds gives a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. Low in calories and rich in fiber chia seeds when added to smoothie can make you feel fuller for long time. This gives you control over hunger pranks hence reducing unhealthy munching. Let’s check our smoothie with oats recipe..!!
"Smoothie with oats"
Before you get to our Smoothie with Oats Recipe/oatmeal Smoothie Recipe, a quick fact check What is Smoothie ?
Smoothie is a drink pressed in a blender, made from raw fruits and vegetables and other non-juiceable ingredients such as yogurt, honey etc. which are high in vitamins, minerals, and many other beneficial nutrients such as “oats”. Oats are loaded with minerals, vitamins, good source of carbs and fiber which makes the smoothie much more healthier. Oatmeal smoothie is a delicious combination freshness of fruits and richness of nutrients.
NOW LET'S JUMP INTO, "HOW TO MAKE YUMMY SMOOTHIE WITH OATS AND FRUIT!!!"
Smoothie With Oats Recipe
Fruit Oats Smoothie
Course: Weight Loss
Oats 3 tablespoon
Papaya 1 cup diced
1 and 1/2 cup watermelon diced
1 tablespoon chia seed and 1 tablespoon flax seed
2 tablespoon Yogurt (Greek Yogurt)
Ice cubes (optional)
1. Put all Ingredients in the blender.
2. Add 1 and 1/2 cup of water and blend it nicely to get that smooth texture.
3. Adding ice cubes is an optional step.
You can add 1/2 cup milk or else 1/2 cup almond milk to make the smoothie but if you are looking for weightloss it is suggested that you use water or icecubes as it is a better option to not add additional calories.
If you do not have Greek yogurt you can add normal yogurt. In case if that is also not available you can add thick Curd (2 tablespoon).
RECIPE CARD Copyright © Great Indian Flavours
FOOD FACTS: Chia seed and flax seed have a lot of nutrients and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 plays a vital role in maintaining heart health and in maintaining skin health. Chia seed is rich contains magnesium which helps in reducing stress by keeping cortisol level low. The anti-oxidants in chia seeds helps in keeping acne under control. Since chia seeds is rich in high amounts of calcium. Chia seed, is a calcium supplement for those who cannot consume diary products.
Key Benefits of Oatmeal Smoothie
1. Provides a good amount of fiber, calcium, magnesium and rich source of antioxidants thus enhancing our immunity.
2. Helps you lose weight, prevents dehydration and makes you full for a longer time which is always recommended instead of snacking every now and then.
3. Oatmeal Smoothie is made up of fresh and healthy fruits along with oats, which helps in fighting depression, relieving stress, thus helping you stay healthier, happier and keeping your mood swings in check.
4. It helps to cleanse your blood and get rid of toxins, thus detoxifying your body everyday which in fact checks the growth of carcinogens and other cancer causing agents.
5. Smoothies are breakfast option which are rich in nutrients, but low on calories which makes it easier for diabetic/sugar patients to keep their blood sugar in check and prevent heart disorders.
6. It’s easy for our body to breakdown liquid food thus aids digestion and helps maintain healthy sleeping patterns.
7. It’s always a better option than Juice.
This leads to an interesting thought “Why Smoothie over Juices?“
The main difference lies in low fiber and high sugar content in juice over smoothies , while when you make juices, you put the fruits in a grinder and discard the pulp which is instead a high source of fiber and moreover the sugar content in juice is much higher as compared to Smoothie.
The primary ingredient in an Oatmeal smoothie is the pulp of a fruit or vegetables and maybe Yogurt, if at all. Whereas Milkshakes, like the name suggests, includes diary. Milkshakes have milk/ice cream as its base.