Roasted Oats and Fruit MixCourse: Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
8 tablespoon Oats
1/2 Banana , 1/4 Apple
1/4 cup(4 tablespoon)Milk
- Roast the oats in a pan for 2 to 3 minutes
- Grind the oats to fine powder.
- Add the powdered oats to the pan and add milk (4 tablespoon) and add 1/2 cup water(add more based on the desired consistency) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut half an apple and half banana into small pieces and add to the oats mix and cook for another 1 minute and turn off the flame.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee to the oats
- Adding ghee is an optional step which is to enhance the taste of oats as for many oatmeal is a boring dinner and following the same for a week might need a little twist.If you are okay with the taste without ghee you may exclude that step.(In case of not adding ghee you may add one teaspoon of jaggery for sweetness if needed)
The primary reason many of us consider oats as part of our meal is because it is low in calories but apart from that it has many other health benefits as well.Oats contains a lot of antioxidants and dietary fiber which helps us to keep the blood cholesterol under control by lowering the LDL(bad cholesterol) and maintaining the HDL(good cholesterol).The fiber in oats will keep us feel fuller for long time and hence keeping us away from unhealthy munching and hunger pranks thus helps in reducing body weight.Dietary fiber will also help in getting rid of issues like constipation by regulating bowel movements.As mentioned above since oats is beneficial for maintaining HDL and in reducing LDL oat meal is good for heart health.