RECIPE FOR PANEER BHURJI
FOOD FACTS: Paneer Bhurji Calories – 430kcal. Firstly, Bhurji means scrambled so recipe for paneer bhurji is basically scrambled paneer or cottage cheese. A perfectly savory, tangy, spiced mixture made of onions, tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies (hot peppers) and various spices is then used to mix with the scrambled paneer. Hence, you can say that it is the vegetarian version of the Indian Style scrambled eggs which is called as Egg Bhurji or Anda Bhurji in Hindi.
paneer burji RecipeCourse: Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This flavorful dish, as with most bhurji recipes, is quick to make and ideal for breakfast.
Paneer 50 gram
Onion, Tomato, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves/coriander leaves.
salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, Hing(Asafoetida)
- Grate the Paneer and keep it aside.
- In a pan add one teaspoon oil and onion ,curry leaves ,salt and ginger garlic paste and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Once the onion is cooked add the tomatoes and add 1/2 tea spoon chilli powder (green chilli also if needed ), 1/4 tea spoon turmeric powder, a pinch of hing and pepper powder. Cook the mix for 2 minutes keeping the lid closed.
- Add grated paneer to the pan and mix it properly adding coriander leaves/curry leaves,keep the lip open and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Have the burji with 2 medium size roti (phulka)
- Take one whole cucumber and tomato salad along with the lunch.
For instance, good levels of calcium in food is essential for healthy bones, teeth, healthy heart muscles and smooth nerve function. Thus protein-density in cheese allows you to eat less and stay full for a long time. In addition to being rich in protein, cheese is also a rich source of conjugated linoleic acid. Therefore, this fatty acid helps to help reduce body fat deposits and improve immune function.
Super rich in protein, having paneer for breakfast makes you feel full for longer. It gets digested slowly and increases the amount of feeling full hormones like GLP-1, PYY and CCK. Apart from protein, paneer is also rich in fat, iron, calcium and magnesium, which makes it an even healthier choice.
Nutrient Benefits Of Paneer:
- An essential component in weight loss programs:
Most importantly, stored fat is the main reason for obesity. However, paneer contains short chains of fatty acids that are easily digestible unlike other sources of fat. After digestion it breaks down to release energy.
- Reduces the risk of cancer:
Among the various types of cancer, on average, one million women suffer from breast cancer. In Addition to that women in pre-menopause stages are at a greater risk of suffering from cancer. Above all, paneer contains a very high amount of Vitamin D and Calcium and these two components are key players that help in preventing breast cancer.
- Ideal food for diabetic patients:
Paneer is rich in magnesium that regulates the blood sugar level. It contains a very low amount of carbs. Diabetic patients can consume this without any fear. It has the potential to control the drastic fluctuations in blood glucose levels.
- Aids in the normal functioning of the digestive system:
A defect in the digestive system hinders the normal functioning of the other systems. Paneer contains a very high amount of minerals like phosphorus and magnesium, both of which are essential for the smooth functioning of the digestive system.
- Building better bones and teeth:
Be it, little kids, or adults, anyone can consume paneer for healthy bones and teeth. As mentioned above, the richness of calcium and vitamin D makes it an ideal source for bone strengthening.
- Building a strong immune system:
Regular consumption of paneer helps control respiratory ailments like asthma and bronchitis. It stimulates hemoglobin production and also aids in building a strong immune system.