Rava Idli recipe
Course: Weight Loss
Rava 1/2 cup
Curd / Yogurt 3 Tablespooon
Carrot 1/2 Medium
Curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger
Water 1/2 to 1 cup
Salt, Turmeric, Chili powder, Eno/Baking Soda
1. Heat 1/2 cup Rava in a pan for 2 minutes.
2. Put the Rava into a bowl, Add 3 table spoon curd / Yogurt, 1/2 Cup water and mix it well.
3. Add pinch of turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, finely chopped carrot, ginger, green chili, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
4. Add salt as per taste.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon Eno or a pinch or baking soda and Mix the batter well.
6. Keep the batter aside for 5 to 10 minutes and Add little more water (if the consistency seems too thick).
7. After preparing the batter pour the batter to idli stands (you need to use oil since the curd in batter will give the needed oily texture so that idli wont get too sticky on the stand) and steam for around 8 to 10 minutes.
8. For better results take out the stands and keep the idli in stand itself to cool for 5 minutes before you serve.
Have Rava idli with green chutney or coconut chutney made with less oil.
RECIPE CARD Copyright © Great Indian Flavours