Oats and rava UpmaCourse: Weight Loss
1/4 Cup Rava (roasted)
1/2 Cup oats
Ginger , Garlic
Green chili , Curry leaves
1/2 onion and 1/2 Tomato
1 teaspoon Chilli powder , 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder , 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
Mustard seeds, dried chili, 1/2 Teaspoon oil
- Two methods to use oats : first is to use it as is , second is to heat the oats for a while and grind it to fine powder and use.
- Heat the pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds , dried chili , and curry leaves to it.
- Once the curry leaves spluttered add the chopped ginger , green chili , garlic ,onion and tomato to the pan and saute it well adding salt.
- When onion and tomato is half cooked add chili powder , turmeric powder and garam masala. Cook for another minute and add rava and oats to it and mix well.
- Heat the mix for 2 minutes and then sprinkle water and mix to reach to every part of the pan. Once done close the lid and cook the upma for a minute
- Repeat the step until the rava and oats are cooked and are in the desired texture.