Moong Dal chillaCourse: Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 cup or 200 gram Moong Dal (Whole Green gram)
2 Green chilli
Medium size onion 1
1/2 spoon turmeric
Baking soda (one pinch)
1 tea spoon ginger garlic paste
Salt for taste
Few curry leaves/ Corriandar leaves
- Take one cup (equivalent -200 gram) of moong dal and soak it over night (if not 3 to 4 hours minimum)
- Once the dal is soaked put the moong dal , green chillies , turmeric powder , curry leaves and chopped onion in the grinder and grind it into a smooth semi thick batter adding little bit of water to get the batter to dosa dough consistency.
- Take out the batter as needed to a separate bowl and add a pinch of baking soda and salt as per taste
- Cook the chilla in a non stick pan or an iron pan with minimal oil for greasing the pan.
- The quantity mentioned makes 5 to 6 medium size chilla and for weight loss the advised intake is 2 medium size chilla.
- Have the chilla with green chutney or any kind of sabji made with less oil.
Moong dal also called as green gram is an amazing food that is rich in protein , fiber and potassium and makes the body feel full after eating, and improves your metabolism rate too. Thus, moong dal can play a vital role in controlling ones body weight.
FOOD FACTS: Green gram is rich in potassium and iron and helps to lower blood pressure and protects against muscle cramping,which makes it good for people who follow strict gym routine as well as it helps revitalizing your muscles and act as a rich source of protein. Moong dal is particularly rich in dietary fiber and single cup serving can provide around 60 to 70 percent of the recommended daily intake of the nutrient .It is an easy-to-digest food and is a great food for those suffering from hypertension.The high fiber content also reduces the risk of overeating by making us feel full for a longer time and its anti-inflammatory properties prevent and accumulation of gas in the body hence helping to get rid of gastric issues.Due to the low glycemic index of moong dal it is considered as best food option for people who are suffering from diabetics as well.