Healthy Besan Idli Recipe !
Besan IdliCourse: Weight Loss
50 gram(1/2 cup) Besan(gram flour)
1/5 cup curd
salt , Green chilli , Curry leaves
Ginger garlic paste
ENO or Baking Soda
- Take 1/2 cup besan add 1/2 cup curd to it and mix really well without any lumps.
- Add chopped green chilly ,ginger garlic paste and salt as per taste
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix properly-If needed add little more water to bring the batter to desired consistency
- Add 1/2 tea spoon ENO or 1/4 tea spoon baking soda and cook the idli.
- Cook the idli for around 8 to 10 minutes and once cooked keep them to cool off for another 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the mold as the idli will become little hardened and not too mushy.
- Since we are adding curd to Besan you need not have to use any oil even to grease the idli mold.
- Have the idli with green chutney or tomato chutney made with less oil.
FOOD FACTS: Rich in fiber and nutrients, besan or gram flour or chickpea flour/powder can be used used instead of wheat flour. It is added in some sauces and gravies as it blends well and imparts a nutty flavor to the dish. This versatile product has many health benefits. It is the main ingredient in skin lightening and skin tightening home remedies from ages. Apart from the benefits related to skin care besan also helps in controlling blood sugar, helps in maintaining heart health which makes it a diabetic friendly food. Besan is good for weight loss ,helps in faster calorie burn because of its lower levels of glycemic index. Consuming besan, will help you to eat lesser calories during the day. Include besan in your daily diet as chilla ,idli , boiled chick pea (salad) ,Khandvi , dhokla to boost fat burning and up your nutritional level.
Besan Idli is a blend of goodness of besan flour and the amazing benefits of steamed Indian breakfast delicacy Idli. It will help in keeping you fuller for a long time reducing hunger pranks and guess what ! its 100% oil free as we steam the dough to make idli. However make sure to be careful on the quantity as it is a high calorie food by itself. By adding paste of overnight soaked rajma or black chana can give an additional protein boost to your Idli. Refer and add our nutritious and healthy besan idli recipe to your weight loss journey.!!