Course: Weight Loss
Dalia 1/2 cup
Cauliflower (10 to 15 florets)
1/2 Tomato, 1/2 Carrot
100 Gram Spinach, 1 Teaspoon Ghee
Garlic cloves (4 to 5), Ginger (one small piece chopped)
Curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chili
Garam masala, Turmeric, Chili Powder, Salt, Hing (Asafoetida)
1 Tablespoon Curd/Yogurt
1. Heat the pressure cooker and add 1 tablespoon ghee to it.
2. Once the ghee is hot add curry leaves , chopped cloves and Add chopped ginger to it and saute for a minute.
3. To the hot ghee now add chopped carrots , cauliflower , Tomato , green chili , and chopped spinach leaves and cook until the veggies are half cooked.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, little hing (asafoetida), and 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric and 1/2 tea spoon garam masala to the veggies and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add one Table spoon of water to the masala to prevent it from burning.
6. Now add 1/2 cup washed Dalia. (if soaked for 10 to 20 minutes then better).
7. Mix the dalia and vegetables nicely and add 1 cup water(1 to 1.5 cup based on the desired khichdi consistency ) . Add salt as per taste and chopped coriander leaves.
8. Close the pressure cooker and cook up to 2 whistles.
9. Once the khichdi is cooked serve it to a bowl , add 1 tablespoon greek yogurt / curd and mix well and Enjoy having your yummy Dalia Khichdi .
RECIPE CARD Copyright © Great Indian Flavours