Channa and egg saladCourse: Weight Loss
Black chana 50 gram
Boiled egg 2 or 50 gram Paneer
Tomato , Onion
Cabbage leaves , Coriander leaves
Salt , Pepper powder , Lemon ,1 tea spoon ghee or oil
- Soak the black chana (black gram or Bengal gram) over night
- Boil the chana in cooker for 2 whistles without adding salt
- Chop half a tomato , one onion and coriander leaves into thin pieces
- Hard boil 2 eggs and cut then into small pieces(For those who are using paneer grate the paneer )
- Heat the pan and add one tea spoon ghee/oil and saute the vegetables for one minute and turn the flame off.
- To the sauted vegetables add egg(or paneer) and boiled chana .Squeeze some lemon and add a pinch of salt for taste and add little pepper for taste
- Add a slice of amul cheese over the salad(optional)
- Black chana and egg (or paneer ) are good source of protein and will be making us feel full for a long time.If you are aiming for weight loss then make sure to not go over board with the ingredients as this is a calorie rich recipe.
FOOD FACTS:Black chana also known as Bengal gram/black chickpeas is basically a legume which contains very low fat and high dietary fiber.Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals black chickpeas is a healthy option to be part of
your diet.The dietary fiber in black chana makes it a good option for weight loss as fiber rich foods can aid weight loss and the soluble fiber in black chickpeas binds the bile acids and prevents them from being absorbed by the body, thus reducing cholesterol levels.Being a rich source of iron, black chickpeas can prevent anemia and boost your energy levels.Iron plays an important role in the formation of hemoglobin by transporting oxygen from the lungs to all body cells and is an important component of enzyme systems for energy production and metabolism.(Maximum per day intake Advised: 100 gram)