CARROT JUICE WEIGHT LOSS
FOOD FACTS: Carrot Juice weight loss Calories – 117 kcal. Firstly, Carrot is a vegetable rich in beta-Carotene which is an orange-red pigment found in plants (abundantly available in carrots). Additionally, Beta-carotene when consumed will get converted to vitamin A in our body which is good for improving vision and eye health. Moreover, It protects body from cell damage and have antioxidant properties.
CARROT JUICE FOR WEIGHT LOSSCourse: Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Carrot juice contains vitamin c, which is good for skin, bone, teeth as well.1cup of carrots contains Just 50 calories. All of these ingredients makes carrot a super food with weight loss properties.
1 1/2 to 2 Medium sized carrots.
1/4 Slice lemon
ginger (1/4 teaspoon dry powder or else a small piece raw)
Yogurt , Water/Ice cubes.
- Chop carrot to small pieces and put them into a blender.
- Add ice cubes or 1 cup water(as per preference) , 2 tablespoon of yogurt and a small slice of ginger and blend everything nicely.
- Add water based on the preferred texture.
- Once the juice is ready squeeze juice of quarter slice of lemon.(you may add more if you like the taste of lemon)
- Always make sure to add ginger and lemon since both of them are really good for stomach and are known for weight loss properties.
Other food items which contains beta-carotene are apricot, Spinach, dark leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes and bell pepper (red). Although, these food items can act as a vitamin supplement for some one with Vitamin A deficiency. However, people who have hypothyroidism should avoid having having too much carrots. People with hypothyroidism will have difficulty in converting the beta-carotene in carrot to vitamin A. Accumulating too much of beta-carotene in body can cause health issues.
Nutrient Benefits of Carrot:
- Carrot contains good amount of Vitamin C and Antioxidants as well.
- The beta-carotene, vitamin C in carrot will help to prevent skin issues and improves the skin healing process in case of tanning and inflammations.
- Vitamin C helps body in maintaining bone health.
- Consuming carrots is good for bones cartilages and teeth as well.
Best way to eat carrots:
We eat carrot in raw or cooked form. However recent studies have relieved that carrots when steamed will still retain almost 75 to 85 % of their nutrients intact. You can try carrot in steamed form as well.
Carrot as healthy snack: One of the best combination with carrot as a snack is hummus. The combination of fiber, Carbs and protein can keep us full for long time. Hence for any one focusing on weight loss carrot and hummus as snack could help to avoid unhealthy munching.
Include carrot in breakfast: Its a wise option to start your day with carrots which would give your body a good kick start with its much needed fuels. You may have a full glass of carrot juice or smoothie with additional ingredients along with carrots for days you are on a run. Having eggs with roasted carrots and beans as breakfast is also an ideal protein rich weight loss food.
Calories: Yes! Along with high nutrient content Carrots are considerably low in calorie as well.
1 cup of carrots contains Just 50 calories. All of these ingredients makes carrot a super food with weight loss properties hence while you progress with your weight loss journey try to include carrots to your diet as snack or as breakfast option.Jump to Recipe