Brown Rice and Chana Masala
FOOD FACTS: Brown Rice and Chana Masala Calories – 320 kcal. Brown rice is good for diabetes and helps you keep your calories in check. When it comes to question of brown rice or white rice to choose ,always brown rice wins over its benefits if you are someone who is looking for weight loss. WHY??. One should prefer brown rice over white rice as it is great to burn extra body fat. It contains good amount of fiber and fibrous foods are easy to digest. Brown rice is easy to digest, keeps you full, cleanses your system and helps in easy and smooth bowel movements. When your digestive system is strong, you will also manage to maintain the right body weight.
Brown rice and Chana MasalaCourse: Weight LossCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Chana Masala with Brown Rice, the vibrantly flavored Indian classic comfort food is one of my all time favorite dishes.
Boiled brown rice 3/4 cup (150 gram)
25 gram White chana , 1 tomato , 1 onion
Green chilli , Curry leaves , Ginger garlic paste
Garam masala , Turmeric powder , Chilli powder
2 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- Soak the chana overnight and next day boil it without adding salt.
- Heat a pan add 1/2 teaspoon oil and curry leaves ,chopped onion , tomato ,ginger garlic paste and green chilly
- Cook the mixture until it becomes mushy and then turn off the flame and let it cool
- Grind the gravy into semi thick paste.
- Heat the pan and add 1/2 teaspoon oil and add the chana to it. Cook it for 2 minutes without closing the lid.
- Add the gravy to the chana and add salt as per taste.(add water if need)
- Cook it for another 5 minutes and turn the flame off.
- Add 2 tablespoon of greek yogurt to the chana ,mix it well and serve it hot with 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- Add oil only as mentioned and not more
- Make sure to have one whole cucumber as salad.
- You may Boil the chana for a week and keep in fridge for ease(25 gram is before soaking per day)
- You may also prepare the gravy for 2 days to 3 days together and keep in fridge so that cooking time can be saved everyday.
Health Benefits of Brown Rice
Rice comes in several colors, shapes and sizes, but the most popular are white and brown rice. Brown rice is widely recognized as a healthier option. Rice is entirely carbs, small out of proteins and almost no fat.
Brown rice is a whole grain. That means it contains all parts of the grain — including the fibrous bran, the nutritious germ and the carb-rich endosperm.
White rice, on the other hand, has had the bran and germ removed, which are the most nutritious parts of the grain.
This leaves white rice with very few essential nutrients, which is why brown rice is usually considered much healthier than white.
Brown rice is high in magnesium and fiber, both of which help control blood sugar levels (15Trusted Source). On the other hand, high consumption of white rice has been linked to an increased risk of diabetes
A deficiency in manganese has been linked to a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome, bone demineralization, impaired growth and low fertility.
In one study, 40 overweight women who ate 2/3 cup (150 grams) of brown rice per day for six weeks had significant reductions in body weight and waist circumference compared to women who ate the same amount of white rice.
Brown Rice is good for Diabetes, It’s a Better Choice for Those With Diabetes.
Certain people are allergic or intolerant to gluten. They experience mild to severe reactions to it like stomach pain, diarrhea, bloating and vomiting. Brown Rice Is Naturally Gluten-Free.
Nutrition Profile and Health Benefits of Chickpeas (Kabuli chana)
Rich in dietary fiber, a cup of chickpeas have close to 13 grams of fiber, 15 grams of protein, 270 calories, 45 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fat. Soluble fiber present in the chickpeas helps to lower the low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol.Jump to Recipe