Brown rice and Chana MasalaCourse: Weight Loss
Boiled brown rice 3/4 cup (150 gram)
25 gram White chana , 1 tomato , 1 onion
Green chilli , Curry leaves , Ginger garlic paste
Garam masala , Turmeric powder , Chilli powder
2 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- Soak the chana overnight and next day boil it without adding salt.
- Heat a pan add 1/2 teaspoon oil and curry leaves ,chopped onion , tomato ,ginger garlic paste and green chilly
- Cook the mixture until it becomes mushy and then turn off the flame and let it cool
- Grind the gravy into semi thick paste.
- Heat the pan and add 1/2 teaspoon oil and add the chana to it.Cook it for 2 minutes without closing the lid.
- Add the gravy to the chana and add salt as per taste.(add water if need)
- Cook it for another 5 minutes and turn the flame off.
- Add 2 tablespoon of greek yogurt to the chana ,mix it well and serve it hot with 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- Add oil only as mentioned and not more
- Make sure to have one whole cucumber as salad.
- You may Boil the chana for a week and keep in fridge for ease(25 gram is before soaking per day)
- You may also prepare the gravy for 2 days to 3 days together and keep in fridge so that cooking time can be saved everyday.
FOOD FACTS ! When it comes to question of white or brown rice to choose ,always brown rice wins over its benefits if you are someone who is looking for weight loss. WHY ?? …one should prefer brown rice over white rice as it is great to burn extra body fat as it contains good amount of fiber and fibrous foods are easy to digest. Brown rice is easy to digest, keeps you full, cleanses your system and helps in easy and smooth bowel movements. When your digestive system is strong, you will also manage to maintain the right body weight.