Masoor dal is one of the favorite when it comes to those who loves lentil soups. It is good source of iron , fiber , magnesium and phosphorous along with being rich in protein. Having one cup of masoor dal can provide you aroung 18-19 grams of protein and 40 grams of complex carbs (which are good for the body since they provide energy to body which are more lasting than the energy from simple carbs a). The protein and fiber in masoor dal makes one feel fuller for long time and there by reduces unhealthy binge eating which in turn helps in reducing total calorie intake.
Black Masoor DalCourse: Weight Loss
Masoor Dal (Measure 30 gram or else make dal and consume 1 cooked Dal)
1/2 Onion , 1/2 Tomato , 1 Green chili
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder ,1/2 teaspoon chili powder , 1/2 teaspoon garam masala , 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder.
1 Teaspoon ghee.
Coriander leaves , dried chili , curry leaves , Garlic.
- Cook the Dal in cooker adding water and turmeric powder for around 4 to 5 whistle.(Do not add salt)
- Heat the pan and add one teaspoon of ghee.
- Add curry leaves and chopped garlic and cook until the leaves are spluttered and garlic turns slightly golden brown.
- And chopped onion ,tomato, green chili and a little salt to cook until they become mushy.
- Add ginger paste (or ginger garlic paste) – Optional
- Once the mixture cooks well add garam masala , chili powder and coriander powder to it and mix well.
- Add some coriander leaves to the it and saute until the masala is cooked.
- Now pour the cooked dal to the pan and mix it well.
- Mix the dal well and cook until the dal is thickened a little
- Once the dal is boiled add some ore coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Ingredients mentioned are for 40 gram dry Black masoor Dal. If you are making Dal without measuring then consume only cup cooked Dal and make necessary changes to the other ingredients quantity.
- Add a little lemon juice to the Dal to give an added tangy flavour.
- Make sure not to add too much of salt to your food since excessive salt would lead to water retention.
- Do not make the Dal too thick, Keep it to a slight thick but easy flowing consistency.